Basmati rice and quinoa with coconut milk, Thai basil and lemongrass stick. Various vegetables complete this Asian flavoured dish.
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp of curry
- 1 stick of fresh lemongrass
- 1 bouquet of basil
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 broccoli
- 1 tea cup of basmati rice, cooking 10 min.
- 1/2 tea cup quinoa
- In a small pan, let infuse the coconut milk at low heat, together with the stick of lemongrass cut into 4 pieces.
- Add 1 tsp of water, the curry, 2 pinches of salt and 5 leaves of chopped basil.
- Let it simmer at very low heat during 15 minutes.
- Pass the sauce through a strainer and keep it warm.
- Cut the zucchini into slices, the broccoli into large pieces and the pepper into dices.
- Cooking in parallel: -the vegetables at steam for 10 min, then drain and keep them warm.
-The quinoa in salted water in a small pan during 10min., drain and keep warm.
-The rice in 3 cups of salted water for 10min.
- Start dressing by creating a circle of rice and quinoa. Put the vegetables inside the circle. Add sauce generously. Decorate with one or two leaves of thai basil.
For a more complete dish, use a whole grain rice.
- Category: dish
- Cuisine: europe
- Calories: 100% homemade with love
Keywords: basmati rice, coconut sauce