Gazpacho is vitamin-packed recipe bursting with nutrition. The raw vegetables retain all their vitamins as well as their rich flavors. Eat it chilled!
- 2.2 pounds (1kg) ripe tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 ½ red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, degermed
- 15g fresh basil
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 1 tbsp herb vinegar
- ¼ chopped onion
- Freshly ground red pepper (3 turns)
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse and seed all vegetables for the best taste, a smoother feeling in your mouth, and ease of digestion.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Parboil the tomatoes in the boiling water for a few minutes so that they can be peeled more easily. Remove the tomoatoes from boiling water and cool them under running cold water.
- Peel the tomatoes and cut the pepper in half. Peel the cucumber lengthwise in half-inch stripes pattern alternating with skin. Remove the garlic clove germs.
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth–about 1 minute.
Chill the gazpacho in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
Add sugar as needed to reduce any possible acidity of the gazpacho.
- Category: starter
- Cuisine: europe
- Calories: 100% homemade with love
Keywords: summer recipe, tomato