A delicious vegan hummus to enjoy with an oriental diner.
- 200g of organic chickpeas
- 3 tsp of tahini (sesame cream) BIO
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 soy yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 large lemon BIO
- 1/4 dl of virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of paprika
- A few stalks of parsley
- Lebanese Bread
- The day before, soak the chickpeas in cold water with 1 tsp baking soda.
- On the day of making the hummus, rinse them with cold water.
- Fill a small saucepan of water and cook the chickpeas (~ 1 hour of cooking) add water during cooking if necessary.
- The chickpeas are ready when tender on the inside. Drain and store in a cool place. (If you do not have time of this step, then simply buy a can of chickpeas and drain them but keep the liquid to one side)
- In a medium-sized bowl, crush the garlic clove, add tahini, salt, lemon juice.
- Add the chickpeas and blitz them all with the a hand held blender or use a Nutribullet until you get a nice purée.
- Taste and re-adjust salt / lemon seasoning if necessary.
Serve the Hummus in a bowl, sprinkle with olive oil and decorate with a little parsley before serving.
To save time, you can use organic canned chickpeas.
- Category: starter
- Cuisine: oriental
- Calories: 100% homemade with love
Keywords: chickpeas, caviar