It’s Friday night! The time everyone looks forward to! Open Spotify, select your favorite playlist, and click PLAY. With the music in the background, standing behind the kitchen counter I prepare a fresh and festive aperitif! A colorful Virgin Mojito to celebrate the weekend in *super happy* fashion.
In my garden I grow mint. If you have fresh mint too, go ahead and pick a fragrant bouquet.
You’re probably wondering how I got this stunning purple color? No chemistry in our cupboards, just some blue matcha, known for its color-changing properties, that I mixed with lemonade. Mixed with lemon, blue matcha turns purple. It’s magical–not chemical–and offers some natural perks of its own. Blue matcha powder is made from butterfly pea flowers. Adding blue matcha brings a gorgeous look, and I also threw in some fresh blueberries for something to eat at the same time.
There’s only one thing left to do with my refresching non-alcoholic drink: call your friends, relax on the terrace, and enjoy this delightful moment.
Another little tip, you can get a 10% discount on the Bluechai website by using the code “NAWAILI.”Print
A super fresh natural purple virgin mojito!
- 1 liter lemonade (natural)
- 4 tsp matcha.blue
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1 yellow lemon
- 1 lime
- a few blueberries
- crushed ice
- Wash lemons and mint. Cut the lemons into slices of about 5mm then cut them into 4.
- In a mortar, crush the quarters of lemons with fresh mint (dose mint according to your taste).
- Reserve a few mint leaves for decoration. Divide the lemon-mint mixture in the bottom of 4 glasses. Add the lemonade by filling up to half the glass. Add the ice cubes until the glasses are full.
- Add one teaspoon of matcha.blue to each glass. Mix it all together. Let infuse 5min.
- Decorate with a few blueberries and a mint leaf. The mojito is ready!
You can use the code “NAWAILI” on the Bluechai website for a 10% discount on your purchases.
Add a little white rum for those who want an alcoholic mojito.
- Category: drink
- Cuisine: europe
- Calories: 100% homemade with love
Keywords: lemonade , alcoolfree, fresh summer recipe