Tonight, we add a little touch of elegance to our plates. Because we want to please ourselves and to please others. We have found a delicious fresh ORGANIC burrata and we are going to sublimate it to make a colourful and tasty starter.
The idea was to take the tomato – mozzarella recipe and revisit it with burrata, adding a little crunch. This recipe has been unanimously accepted for a large part of the summer and I am very pleased to share it with you. Did you see how elegant it is with its small slivered almonds aligned all around? It speaks to me when it’s beautiful and good !
This recipe is the perfect example that it is possible in a very short time to prepare something very tasty with not much as ingredients. And it doesn’t require cooking or cooking knowledge.
If you have a little fresh basil on hand this is really the top. Finely chopped, it provides the flavour you need to flavour the dish. The lightly toasted almonds just add a little crunch to add texture to the dish. In the mouth it’s really great.
Shall we sit down to dinner, folks ?
A colourful and super elegant starter made with tomato and burrata.
- 1 handful of flaked almonds
- 4 Burrata
- 15 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 15 red cherry tomatoes
- A few basil leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of salad spices of your choice
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven at 180°C. Arrange flaked almonds on a cooking sheet. Make them roast during ~5min. Let cool.
- Wash then cut tomatoes in 2. In a medium bowl mix tomatoes, olive oil and chiselled basil. Add the spices and season according to your taste.
- Put the Burrata in the center of every plate. Add the almonds all around the Burrata. Arrange tomatoes nicely around Burrata. Add the surplus of the olive oil sauce in all plates.
Add just bit of balsamic vinegar if you want a stronger taste.
Burrata is an Italian cheese made from mozzarella cheese, with a creamy heart, originating from Puglia.
- Category: starter
- Cuisine: italian
- Calories: 100% homemade with love
Keywords: burrata cheese, cherry tomatoes